This month’s recipe is perfectly paired with our Featured Wine. It’s a delicious way to spend a summer evening.
COD FILLETS WITH FRESH MIXED HERB CRUST
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 4 thick pieces of Cod Fillets (about 8 ounces each), skinned
- 3 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped fresh chervil, chives and parsley plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter and use some of it to brush onto the cod fillets. Mix any remaining melted butter with whole wheat bread crumbs and finely chopped fresh herbs. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper according to taste.
- Press a quarter of the mixture onto the fillet, spread evenly, and lightly sprinkle with olive oil. Cook on a medium grill for about 10 minutes, turning once. Serve the fish garnished with lemon wedges and sprigs of fresh herbs.