JUMBO SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH WALNUT PESTO
This is an unusual appetizer or main course, which can be prepared in advance and kept in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook it.
• 12-16 raw, unshelled jumbo shrimp
• ½ cup walnut pieces
• 4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons walnut oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel the shrimp, removing the heads but leaving the tails. Devein and then put the shrimp in a large mixing bowl.
2. To make the pesto, place the walnuts, parsley, basil, garlic, cheese, and oils in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Season.
3. Add half the pesto to the shrimp in the bowl, toss them well, then cover and chill in the refrigerator for